View Single Post
Old 08-16-2003, 05:09 PM   #15
KaVir
Legend

Name: Richard
Home MUD: God Wars II
KaVir will become famous soon enoughKaVir will become famous soon enough
I asked you to "try and show a little consideration for the other posters".  Tell me, do you respond to player suggestions with that same sort of attitude?

It's not a good idea to try and back up your claims by lying when everyone reading this forum can easily check the facts for themselves:

Thread "Gold Bonus added to Dark Hope MUD" by less than sacred, advert posted Aug. 14 2003,03:04.

Thread "Dark Hope MUD is open for business!" by less than sacred, advert posted Aug. 14 2003,04:33.

Thread "Great mud seeking players!!" by less than sacred, advert posted Aug. 14 2003,23:22.

No, my log is cut & paste, taken directly from your mud.  Once again, anyone can see that for themselves simply by logging in.

If that's what you wanted to say, then that's what you should have said.  But instead you stated "Btw, levels or not, Dark Hope is still one of the most unique and original games around.  Don't believe me?  Come and see for yourself".  I didn't really care, but as you had specifically asked me to have a look, that's exactly what I did.  And it turns out that your mud is practically stock.  If you didn't want me to reveal that, then you really shouldn't have asked me to come and see for myself.

The only person who has made you look bad is you, by demonstrating that you are unable to accept even a polite suggestion, and have no interest in respecting the other posters.  The only reason your mud looks bad is because you challenged me to take a look at how original it is, and I pointed out that it's stock.  And I've not commented on your players at all (in fact I didn't even see any when I logged on, although that's not unusual for a stock mud).

Then may I tactfully suggest you don't give up your day job?
KaVir is offline   Reply With Quote