View Single Post
Old 12-07-2003, 12:22 AM   #36
soljax

soljax is on a distinguished road
"he thinks he understands the ins and outs of every game he logs into"

Because I do. If I don't know something, I'll learn it faster then ####. I log onto a mud, pick a player that's been there for years and set my goal to beat his ass.

"then ****es and moans about the unfair and overpowered race/class combos until he plays said combo then begins bitching about it"

I can spot something that's not balanced or wrong a mile away. This is why I don't get along with most immstaff. I'll tell them straight up something is wrong, and they'll get ****ed because I've only played their mud a few weeks / days and I'm already finding **** wrong with it. Another failing is that most immstaff don't know jack or **** about game balance.

"Continually cheats, and is finally banned where upon he starts slinging mud in any way possible."

Why would I write a review while playing the mud? It's obvious that immstaff take criticism to heart. Writing an honest and critical review hwile playing a mud is like shooting yourself in the head. Read my review of Carrionfields. Read the responses. I write positive and honest things. The replies only flame me, and add nothing constructive. Read other reviews... they agree with me. CF is a cluster**** cacophony society. Interesting mud, wanted to try some siht.. but alas, the head-imm doesn't like it when you tell him his immstaff are idiots.

Plus, I don't cheat all that much. If I do cheat, I don't get caught. Carrionfields calls me a hardcore cheater, yet they've caught me legitimately cheating once (I dropped starting copper with a char, deleted, came back, and picked it up again). No, on CF cheating also involves disagreeing with imm's on their forums, cracking jokes on their newbie channel, and roleplaying a pimp. All of which I am guilty of.

"His reviews are ****, as is his attitude. "

My reviews are honest, if you'd like to dispute that then post an example.

"####, he's not even a player of notable skill."

If I were the person you've stereotyped me to be, then this would probably be the worst insult of the bunch. The fact is that I pride myself on different criteria: Namely learning muds quickly, finding bugs and having a strong desire to improve the game for the players. I don't randomly pk, I don't full loot, I'm not a grudge player. Based on these things, I think I am pretty skillful. Based on PK, I still think I'm pretty skillful... mostly because I'm creative and successful in my approaches.
soljax is offline   Reply With Quote