View Single Post
Old 06-23-2009, 07:12 PM   #70
locke
Banned

Home MUD: nimud.divineright.org 5333
locke is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Compliance reminder if your MUD uses OLC

As a transformative work, it does not have to follow the license. A transformative work is one that is significantly different than what it was based on. For this reason, I do not have to follow the license.

Line length of files in nimud package:
Original Merc 2
-------- = 0.28794324512110389214622670258542

Considering only the source code and related scripts:
Even without comparing content of individual lines, we can see that if I had just inserted "Merc" into the NiMUD package and then wrote stuff around it, Merc would only constitute 28.79432...% of the content that is included in NiMUD 5. If you compare the lines of code, you would determine that the actual content that is still Merc/Diku is an even smaller percentage, probably around 10% though I don't really know and do not plan on doing a case study involving a diff. Since a majority is >50%, you can easily say the majority of the content in NiMUD is original and therefore not Merc/Diku MUD. Because of this, you can say it is a transformative work. Since it is a transformative work, it is NOT a derivative but instead a "transformation" of the original Merc/Diku MUD into something totally new. Therefore, NiMUD is mine and does not need to follow any licenses by Diku or Merc or anyone else.