View Single Post
Old 10-20-2003, 10:03 PM   #12
Iluvatar

Iluvatar is on a distinguished road
You have a seriously valid point Eagleon but there's a point where interaction is harmful and that's difficult gray area to iron out so all the Imms involved understand it. A certain amount of "aloofness" and "special" has to be adopted by Imms to maintain an acceptible level of respect from the morts because of policing duties. What I've seen on MMORPGs is the high end of the spectrum where they normally don't do jack and I've seen the low end where Imms are your bestest buds. I don't consider either acceptible but it's exceptionally hard to define exactly what is.

I'm in the process of adopting a platform of allowing Immortal city managers for the 9 cities we have and my goal with that is to allow the Immortal Manager to interact with their citydwellers in a limited roleplay form. No clue if it will work, but my goal is to afford a medium for Imms to actually play around and have some fun too. I function from pretty much a jaded perspective after all these years. If you socialize with mortals or are too accessible, they will do everything in their power to drag you into conflicts or pester you for favors and that's not healthy when you're training new Imms.

Ideas and suggestions and feedback on the other hand is a wonderful tool I suggest all use and not be shy about interacting with the suggesters. Even the bug abuser can be valuable.
Iluvatar is offline   Reply With Quote