View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 10:56 AM   #11
SnowTroll

SnowTroll will become famous soon enough
Re: The current hot topic of violence in video games.

Politicians aren't "stupid" just because they disagree with some of us. Some might argue that it's very, very smart to manipulate a tragedy and the emotions of the general populace to accomplish something on your agenda. That's really what's gone on here. The old adage, never let a good tragedy go to waste.

You'd be surprised how dumb the general populace can be in many ways. Individually, most people are all right and can get by just fine, but when you put them all together to get the general populace, you have the single dumbest entity in the universe. "OMG! People got killed with guns! Unwillingly! We have to DO something about this! To make sure this thing never happens! This isn't a time for thinking, it's a time to react! I'm supporting politicians that will DO something, so the most important thing the people in charge can do is get out there and let me see them doing stuff to fix this! I trust my government, so I'm sure whatever they say they're doing is going to work, so as long as they're doing something about this, I'm happy."
SnowTroll is offline   Reply With Quote