Thread: Looking for mud
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2014, 08:28 PM   #6
Heptachord

Heptachord is on a distinguished road
Re: Looking for mud

I do understand your point but the problem is, I have had a hard time of finding muds where IC PvP or PK activity is the only form of it. Unfortunately, too many bad experiences of people using alternate characters to advantage primary characters, or abusing the system in other ways that go against the point of IC and RP.. is what allows me to consider what a non-PK mud might be like. I have not played a mud where PK was not a possibility but I would rather not exclude consideration of playing one if it met my other preferences for a mud. There are only so many attempts at playing 'recommended' muds that are not true RP enforced muds when it gets to the point of a PK, regardless of stated features/policies.

I have seen people invest time into something, only to have a group of real life friends use OOC means of communicating to carry out a PK over the most strange of reasons or have gamemasters themselves provide a means not usually available to characters for a friend to achieve something not in-line with IC means. Player A uses character 1 to assist a group of people to protect an area. Player B decides that since their character cannot take out Player A's character 1, they will instead go after another character on the same account, using constant userlist checks to see what the other character(s) are of player 1 and then a gamemaster codes a road in that was not there before, to allow Player B access to Player A's other char. PK carried out. Road fitted with a gate and unaccessible in the future. All of this being admitted to by both staff and PKer, only to be redacted from the forums after it was frowned upon by enough players. Not some random mud but one that has been on the top mud site list here off and on.

Too many immature players who disrespect the whole basis of what RP is all about. That is why I am open to the possibility of what a non-PK but RP mandatory world would be like. I know that they exist, so I know it is not an oxymoron. Are they common? No. Are they my only interest? No. If there is one that someone out there liked that fit a lot of my preferred criteria, I would definitely give it a look.

What mud is it that you play? I take it that you do not run into that type of abuse in your mud. I would like to see what your mud is like.
Heptachord is offline   Reply With Quote