View Single Post
Old 06-04-2003, 03:29 PM   #87
Stilton

Stilton is on a distinguished road
Unifex:
Easy answer: I don't have to, or have the right to. The person who gets to decide that is the IP holder, who decides to grant or not grant a license based on HIS decision about the benefits vs harm.

It's not up to me (or you, or us as a community) to make the decision that the owner of the IP benefits from a certain use of it, and that therefore it's ok to do. Yes, as you point out, the general rights granted the originator of an idea are arguably a social contract, but the application of these guidelines to individual instances are NOT.

Mikkel:
You DO know where the term "the logos" comes from, right? I don't think the originators are going to be filing claims...

If you're looking for something to complain about, how about the area in Achaea named "Aran'Rhiod" (put into the game around Jul, 2002, according to an announcement dated Jul 21)? I think it's WoT derivative (Tel'Aran'Rhiod meaning dreamworld or some such). Or maybe it's taken from some actual language and all the google links are just hopelessly poluted by the WoT fans.

Stilton
Stilton is offline   Reply With Quote