View Single Post
Old 06-22-2011, 07:21 PM   #1
Cirion56

Cirion56 is on a distinguished road
Let's try this again...RP MUD

Okay I tried this before and it has not gone well at all. I have been playing a MUD for a couple of months now and I keep logging into it only because I have nothing else to do. So here we go with a possibly less inclusive list of what I want.

While I do want an RP MUD I now have some stipulations about those RP MUDs, after again, playing this place and realizing some things.

*No application. This means if I have to apply to get a character in the world, or after that character I need to apply to get into a guild, I want nothing to do with your MUD.

*No guilds. I want CLASSES, and a decent selection. I do not want those classes to be guilds, similar to IRE. I want to play a mage as a mage without ass kissing forty other people. I do not find it fun. I take directions from enough people in my real life without them in my virtual one. If I want that, I'll RP a soldier.

*No tasks for classes. I get maybe you write a report and that's fun for some players. I'm in college, if I want to write a paper I have an English class for that, and the paper won't be on aspects of magic that apply to unicorns and gryphons.

*Casual Environment. If I want to play for 10 minutes then log out, I want to be able to play for 10 minutes then log the hell out. Not that hard of a concept.

*No helpfile that dictates people can't tell me about areas and quests in them. I know you want to maintain the fun of your game, but guess what, this player doesn't find stumbling into places blindly fun, he finds it idiotic and tedious. Also, I know you want to "respect the creators of the area" but if you think that in your roleplay world, letting someone stumble into quicksand for the sake of your builders pride is acceptable, you're an idiot and please go play hack and slash. My character wants to know things. Deal with it.

*Levelling possible via more than grinding. I was options. I want to level via crafting, or level via roleplay. I don't want to be forced to go hunting monsters for crappy exp and needing extortionate amounts of it, and gold to level.

*Crafting system. Crafting is good, but please don't have the entire game controlled by player character crafters. If I'm trying to buy something at 3am and I can't find anyone because you think it's so revolutionary to have your entire economy controlled by players, it is frustrating and makes me not want to play.

*Multiple money making ways. No just killing monsters, no panning for gold, catching seafood. Combination of all three for example, and have them accessed easily and not be a time sink.

*HELPFUL PLAYERS. It seems to me that MUDs seem to hold people who want to be, to put it pc, less than friendly. The internet as we all know inspires us to be dicks and act as we usually wouldn't infront of others. This is human nature, no face, no consequence. If this is your player base, I want no part of it.

*HELPFUL PLAYERS. I repeat this because I want HELP when I ask for HELP. I do not want to be told to ask IC, or anything else. What I want is to be told how in the hell to work the item, area, class, skill, whatever it is. Direct me to a helpfile for christ sakes, or give me a straight answer if I am having trouble reading the file.

*Free creation and deletion. If I want to create a new character, or delete one, I want to delete a damn character, not have to write a letter of why I'm deleting. I just want to delete.

*Good selection of races. Elaborated in next post, but honestly, more than 6 is good.

*Honesty. Don't tell me you have 6 unique races when I've seen them on ten thousand different MUDs. A winged humanoid on one MUD who can't fly called a Kestrel and a winged humanoid on another MUD who can fly and is called a Hawkese is still the same damn race. Unless you have a race that is part octopus and part boston terrier then guess what, your races are the same as everywhere else. Also, you do not have six unique weapon classes, swords, axes, and whatever else that other MUDs also have, is not unique. Describe the WAYS they are unique, but if they're not originally your thought, don't claim uniqueness.

*In depth RP. I want the politics, the religions, the player run government, and all that good stuff that comes with an RP MUD, I just also want the freedom to play what the hell I want to play (within reason), and not interact with anyone I don't want to.

I guess I will see what people post and reply to them and add features, since I can't think of anything else to add right now. I just want a fun MUD to play that has great RP, is semi casual, and is fun. While fun is subjective, I now know what I do not want in a MUD to make it fun for me.

Thank you for your time.
Cirion56 is offline   Reply With Quote