View Single Post
Old 09-15-2003, 11:11 AM   #2
Sidmouth

Sidmouth is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Sidmouth
I don't think you're out of line at all. I dislike that idea immensely.

First of all, it's just a little too lazy to have everyone wearing the same thing, or even close to the same thing. I don't know anything about your mud, but if there are developed cultures at all or if any of the cities have established character, then surely people in those cities wear different clothes from one another. I think players will detest it too. Players often like to collect a set of clothes they like for rp and the like, and this requires diversity. Maybe your mud isn't an rp mud, and that might mitigate these objections to some degree.

I do like for mobs to have an item or two on them, but sometime I just stick it in the desc too, and making one item for each mob in the area is not that much work (I'd rather have close to a 2:1 item to mob ratio). Mobs that have lots of items on them are great now and then of course, but I think if every mob has a bunch of items on them it: a) lessens the distinction of those mobs that are cool and unique and would normally have a bunch of items on them, and b) could annoy players. If you're walking around with autoloot on and every ****ant mob you kill has four pieces of clothing on...
Sidmouth is offline   Reply With Quote