View Single Post
Old 10-28-2004, 01:47 PM   #8
the_logos
Legend

the_logos will become famous soon enough
As I mentioned, we do not permit immortals to play mortals, and yet we've had immortals stay with us for over 5 years. I think a significant factor in this is that our immortals have (after a period of apprenticeship in which they prove they're not just going to flake out) roles in the game and continue to play it in a way. Though they start out as basically OOC, after about 600-700 hours of immortal time and upon satisfactory completion of a couple large-ish projects, they get promoted to Gods, at which point a new type of game opens up for them.

Gods (in the Greek sense...Goddess of Love, God of War, etc) are very involved with mortals, and play the game in the sense that they have in-role Orders that worship them, can be the Godly patron of Guilds and Cities, and so on. Some Gods get -really- into this, some less so.

I think our Gods system is also one reason why we don't appear to suffer from the immortals not being permitted to play a mortal character. Some of them are in close contact with mortals via their Orders or the cities and guilds they patron and they become our eyes and ears in the mortal world.

--matt
the_logos is offline   Reply With Quote