View Single Post
Old 08-18-2004, 01:12 PM   #26
the_logos
Legend

the_logos will become famous soon enough
Quick response here as I have a flight to catch:

Nobody -ever- takes credits away from a player unless it is a result of credit card fraud, and players, or even normal Gods, cannot take them away. On Achaea, only 4 of us (all paid, full-time employees) can do so. What Kimberly lost was lessons. You can spend credits on lessons, and also get lessons by rising in level through questing, hunting, etc. You can get credits by buying them from us or getting them as rewards or buying them from other players, in-game. You use lessons, incidentally, to raise skills.

Once you've spent credits, as the disclaimer says, the value of what you've spent them on may increase or decrease as a result of your actions or the actions of other players. Kimberly was unable to accept this, apparently feeling that anything another player did to her as part of the game system was, in fact, "us" (the administration) doing it to her.

Everything she lost (and I'll point out we completely refunded her money to get her to just go away, so she lost nothing in the end) she lost as a result of the game functioning normally and in accordance with help files on the subject. She just didn't like the way the game functions, which is kind of just tough luck. I was jokingly wondering if she thought she was playing a single-player game in which the other players were actually cleverly-scripted NPCs (as that would explain her apparent feeling that the game world should revolve around her view of how to play). Perhaps she thought the whole game experience was set up to screw her over. I have no idea, and am just glad she will not be playing our games anymore.

--matt
the_logos is offline   Reply With Quote