View Single Post
Old 05-04-2002, 05:33 PM   #30
Cerise

Cerise is on a distinguished road
Seth, I have to agree with you.  The muds these days and their immortals seem to be power-hungry children. No offense to the good ones, but the bad ones sure are spreading the fame.  I myself came from a mud where the same thing happened to me.  Mine started with trying to HELP one of the female immortal there realize that she was being used and manipulated by a young man.  Her husband also immorts there and together as a circle of friends tried to help her.  Eventually she left the mud for a time and then the trouble started.  One of her other immortal friends blamed me for "running her off the mud" and proceeded to say that I had been responsible for getting another immortal denied.  (he was, in truth, denied because he did not complete his ONE and only work assignment)  The damage was done, and slowly and carefully the other immortals and even most mortal groups began to hate me and feel malice toward me.  It became so bad that when a problem did arise--a young man was stalking me on the mud, gating to me at every chance, harrassing me for hours on end, even with the forget command--that the immortals merely said that "they dont believe me enough or trust me enough" to investigate my claims.  A similar occurance happened when a mortal tried to get me in trouble by saying things to the immortals, I quickly sent a log I had managed to make of the conversation and it was quickly ignored, with these words "these logs will only destroy some good friendships" and it was tossed aside.
I will admit because of this mud, I have become a very cynical and untrusting person, and that perhaps is what led me to log almost every conversation I have ever participated in after the initial trouble began.  Because of that cynicism and mistrust, I am able to prove every word I have spoken here today, and I am sure, had Seth the same temper and determination and cynicism I had, he also would be able to prove his points.
Many of you want to chalk this up to "he isnt as innocent as he looks" and "he's done his part in making that happen" but if you'll refer back to my story, the only thing I was guilty of was trying to help someone who was being used and manipulated, even her husband(irl mind you, not on the mud) agreed that she needed help.
So, once again, Seth I do feel for you and your case, and I hope that you will one day find a mud to replace the one you lost because of such devious acts. Know that you have sympathy and support, for you are not the only one.
Cerise
Cerise is offline   Reply With Quote