Thread: Pet Peeves
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2006, 09:56 PM   #19
Jazuela

Jazuela will become famous soon enoughJazuela will become famous soon enough
2-way Nextel thingies. Cell phones. People who insist on using either in public restaurants where other people are trying to enjoy their meals WITHOUT OTHER PEOPLE YELLING INTO SOME STUPID MACHINE!!!111oneoneone

People who impatiently rush to the counter to order lunch, during the lunch rush, then stand there staring at the menu on the wall while the line backs out the door. Y'know, that menu they could see easily the moment they walked into the building.

People who order their lunch, take a half hour to find that one penny in the bottom of their 50-pound pocketbook and INSIST "oh - oh I have the change, just a sec" while the line backs out the door, and won't let me just hand them the change for their $12.91 order. Nope, they just gotta have that dime, the other 18 people waiting behind them can damned well wait that half hour til they find the penny.

People who put their diapered children on the countertop while they order. Do they have ANY idea how disgusting that is? I don't care how clean your kid's butt is. Get it OFF the lunch counter.

People who either don't ever use turn signals, or use them and don't turn them off when they're done shifting lanes.

The next door neighbor's kid's friends, who get the odd notion that parking in their driveway with the car doors all open, and their subwoofer blasting a hole in the ozone at 3000 decibles is fun for the whole neighborhood. ESPECIALLY since they have lousy taste in music.

The fire department, who conveniently forgets at least once a week that we have an agreement with them that they'll turn OFF their sirens half a block before they turn the corner into my driveway, so they can get to the senior housing behind my property, to tell the old bat in apartment 4G that no, her fan is NOT an exhaust fan, and yes, every time she uses it when she's cooking marinara sauce, the fire alarm WILL go off.

People who make fun of the disabled. Further, people who make fun of them, and expect everyone else to think they're being clever.

Avocados, eggplants, and artichokes.
Jazuela is offline   Reply With Quote