View Single Post
Old 04-26-2006, 04:16 AM   #1
Kaltez

Kaltez is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Kaltez
Red face

First off, I would like to say that I am not sure this thread belongs here, but I couldn't really think of a better spot to ask.

I am tired of the old Eve of Destruction codebases sorta going down the drain.  I personally loved the original and I'm looking for someone who knows where a good one that still works.  That is, somewhere I can play.  I played the original until it sorta faded away and I have recently just stopped playing Godwars Oxide due to the fact of the down times.

I actually want to try and download the codebase and start one up myself, but have been unsuccessful.  I have plenty of experience as a builder and enforcer and I think it is time to try admin once more.  I have tried before, but couldn't find a coder that would stick with me.  I have gone so far as to join a local community college and learn up on C programming.  To get a small idea how it works, that way I can at least get one up and work my way around shell.

The only real problem I now have is someplace that will host this MUD.  I would host it myself, but was told that my computer has to be changed to lynux.  I am pretty sure that 120 GB of memory is enough isn't it?  Anyhows, if someone can direct me to a place where they will host my MUD and a place where I can download the codebase for the original EoD with Marcus and Darrens and whatnot.  I am more than willing to pay for the hosting, of course.  But not sure if I should go through someone like wolfpaw.com or someone else?

Thank you for taking the time to read this thread and I await any responses.  Feel free to email me at as well.
Kaltez is offline   Reply With Quote