View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013, 07:14 AM   #20
Jazuela

Jazuela will become famous soon enoughJazuela will become famous soon enough
Re: Games that already have everyone they want

I don't see that happen. The only time I ever see new players who -try- be ignored, is when there's "something going on" at the moment and that something needs to be addressed, and the new player's newness detracts from the addressing of the something. Like in the example I mentioned. The new player could be a really awesome RPer - heck it could even be a veteran to the game with just a new *character* and not even be a new player.

But if he's showing up for the first time looking for work, while something significant is going on, they'll need to accept that the plotline doesn't really have a place for his character seeking employment at the moment. On the other hand, they -could- sit and listen, and demonstrate an interest in the scene, and eventually someone will attempt to draw him into it. His reaction to that, will determine whether or not he actually gets involved.

Such is the nature of an RPI. That's been my experience, as a veteran playing a character involved in things, as a veteran playing a brand new character right out of chargen, and as a new player (when I was a new player).
Jazuela is offline   Reply With Quote