View Single Post
Old 08-22-2008, 06:05 AM   #5
The_Fury

The_Fury is on a distinguished road
Re: How do YOU edit source on your MUD?

I have AndLinux installed within XP and do all my coding locally using Kdevelop for the IDE. So from within the one program i have access to Konsole and Subversion which i use for source control. Server side i use a bunch of scripts and cron jobs that take care of daily backups, source updates from SVN, recompilation of the server and just about everything else, so much so that its been months since i have had to shell into the server to do anything.

I guess work flow might be different for the OP and anyone using LP or simular, but for the rest of us who have to compile then run, the above set up works very well. For me anyway. LOL

Something the OP might like to look at is bvrde is a c and c++ windows ide with ftp and ssh capabilities buit in, so from within the one program you can directly download the file/s you want to work on, edit them in a nice environment and then click save to have them saved back to the server.

I keep bvrde on a pen drive and take it anywhere i go, so i can always do some work on code no matter where i am, its a neat program and free.

Last edited by The_Fury : 08-22-2008 at 06:14 AM.
The_Fury is offline   Reply With Quote