View Single Post
Old 07-27-2005, 11:57 AM   #21
Realedazed

Home MUD: Armageddon
Home MUD: Harshlands
Home MUD: DartMUD
Realedazed is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Realedazed Send a message via Yahoo to Realedazed
I may need to re-read the thread but I think both of you are saying similar things. Teach your daughter she can do anything thing she wants and support her in her decision. The difference, to me, it seems is that one side is saying: your daughter can do anything. On the other: you daughter can do anything, as long as its not a "traditional woman's" job.

As a woman, I feel I can do whatever I want, but society will always have something to do say about it. For example, my male cousin joked about becoming a stripper. Everyone laughed and even thought he'd be good at it. I joked about the same thing, and everyone thought it'll be nasty. As long as it is treated in a professional matter (read: no sexual favors), isn't it the same exact job?

Well, to get a little bit back on topic. Like I said, in this world anyone can do what they want even if it is a traditional woman's role. Even those traditional roles are changing or evolving. What about the woman who wants to stay home with the kids. Some are doing it for various reasons. Some are homeschooling, some have a home business, while others have other reasons. I have nothing against that woman. Heck, there are guys staying home with the kids, too. So, is something wrong with that? I have nothing against models. Some of these models may also run their own modeling agency or other company. I have nothing against the women in adult films. Many of those woman are actually running the show (I watched something about that a while ago on HBO). Other woman have started huge businesses in what we could call woman's work: cooking, cleaning, beauty, etc.

I don't know, I wanted to be a veterinarian ever since I was a little girl. I also wanted to be a model. My grandmother supported me in both dreams. If I should have a daughter, I'll teach her to be a strong woman. I'll support her in whatever decision she should make in life. In the end, its her decision.
Realedazed is offline   Reply With Quote