Old 03-16-2006, 12:39 AM   #36
DonathinFrye

Name: Donathin Frye
Home MUD: Optional Realities
Home MUD: Atonement RPI
Home MUD: Project Redshift
DonathinFrye is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to DonathinFrye
I think that the fact that IRE has to be nitpicky in order to justify its claims of advertising itself in the same way that true, completely always-free-to-play MUDs do is what causes the issues to begin with.

As for the rest of the posts this evening; I'll re-summarize and make it simple.

Matt - the only people who ever support you are IRE staff/players. You have a lot of people from different MUDs who are against you. I have played a lot of MUDs(an insane amount of varying MUDs, actually), and IRE is largely disliked - Achaea in particular. It is not fictional, and it is not a "fringe minority". It is the general perception of IRE by a lot of people. A lot.

Matt - you are, indeed, condescending to "hobbyist MUDs", self-important, conniving, bullying, and many other things which is why very few people here seem to like you. Infact, other than Vryce, the wide and consistant responses to you on these forums tend to make me think that you're one of the two least liked admins in the MUDing community. There's probably a reason for that - and it is not success, because other similarly successful MUDs don't have exactly the same problem.

Matt - your post begged for these on-topic replies involving how ironic you referring to your players as customers while calling your product free truly is. Really, all of the defensiveness and IRE player-rallies in the world cannot deny that. IRE'd probably be a lot more successful if you self-medicated more, got struck by lightning, got audited and lost your house, or some other humbling event to put things into a less self-centered and condescending perspective.

In the end, people continue to bring up the same points again and again because they are worth bringing up - even if Syno forever bows down to Matt's insinuated, and sometimes blatant bullying and weight-throwing, they are still worth bringing up so that the newer and less vocal members of the community are aware that there is a very negative connotation implied with IRE and Matt. Much like Midievia and Vryce, with the only line-in-the-sand being the technicality of legality versus ethics.
DonathinFrye is offline   Reply With Quote