View Single Post
Old 03-08-2008, 02:45 PM   #1
sneakbob

sneakbob is on a distinguished road
ex mudder turned wikipedia editor

Hello Top Mud Sites,

I found this site while I was checking the references on a Wikipedia article on MUDs. My main interest is as a Wikipedia editor (my username is Wikianon) trying to improve the existing articles. I will probably just browse the forum and mud lists, but can anyone point me to where the mud reviews are? Some mud descriptions state "reviews welcome" but |I could not find any. A little bit about myself: I am over 40, started working with computers in the early 1980s (IBMs, then minis, then micros), played only one online game in the mid 1990s (one of the first on WorldsAway when it launched on Compuserve) and only one in the 2000s (the text-based Tolkien-based The Two Towers), have not played anything for 3 years but retain an intellectual curiosity about how MUDs and MUSHes develop. If anyone is interested I can post my 10 year-old recollections of WorldsAway, or my 3 year-old recollections of T2T!

Signing off for now, - Wikianon

PS: Since TMC admin told me the wikipedia Aardwolf article was deleted last year, I've started a draft with hopefully better notability assertions here:

- it still needs solid cites from 1997 to 1999.
sneakbob is offline   Reply With Quote