Thread: Sex & Violence
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2007, 10:00 PM   #37
shadowfyr

shadowfyr will become famous soon enough
Re: Sex & Violence

While I don't completely agree with you on some points (not the least being that furry is somehow worse than being gay.. Its just the same, and why it would be a surprise that humans have such fantasies, when you can find interspecies stuff happening in other animals too, however rare, is just a matter of social perspective, not realistic views of the subjects). However, I do agree on on point absolutely. Kids **will** find out about things. There are only two solutions:

1. Stop them from making choices. Indoctrinate them into a system of fear, hate, anger and delusion, so deep, that only the truly brilliant among them can ever hope to escape from it. This is what fundigelical types try to do, and what they **want** to see everyone else do. That it never works is, to them, just a sign of how much harder they need to try. Its the same mind set as the people that show up some place, insist they *deserve* to be there, but that since they do, everyone else needs to bow to their nonsensical standards. The only thing you get by bowing to "any" of those standards is some worse nut, with an even crazier standard, who insists that since you catered to the last delusional half wit, you should cater to them too.

2. Come of some reasonable agreement on what is dangerous or abnormal, based on real evidence that its harmful, then set some sort of rules that curtail those things when they happen, along with some means to "correct" the problem people, in an equally socially acceptable way, when they behave that way.

The problem is, we have people from category #1, claiming they are doing what category #2 requires, while really acting only on dogmatic assertions (half of them often contradicted by what they claim they are based on). There are also people that are in category #2, in principle, but who have founded some ideas of what is normal, based on the some sort of emotional appeal in category #1, and thus not only can't prove harm, they can't addequately describe what "problem" they think they are solving, let alone how anything they are trying to do "will" solve anything.

The silliest thing about someone starting in *either* category, then stumbling into the other to justify it, is that they *usually* use the same arguments, the same ideas and the same methods that have been tried 5000 times before, and always failed to fix anything. Most people react to things they don't like by either a) making some emotional leap to an invalid conclusion, or b) looking for an authority to tell them what to do. Its quite literally impossible for the average person to say, "I don't know anything at all about this, so I guess I need to look at what is **really** going on, then figure it out." Its either - "I don't need to know nothin!" or "So and so in smart and claims to have all the answers, so being dumb, I am going to go with so and so."

There are many paths of both right and wrong answers. Problem is, most people are poor map readers, and even more of them, won't, mentally or physically, go farther than the edge of their own town to look for them. Worse, they are distrustful of people that *have* gone farther. In that respect, humanity hasn't changed much since 90% of it lived in one room thatch roof huts and never left the village their entire lives. Its depressing sometimes, being one of the people that actually wanders the dark woods. lol
shadowfyr is offline   Reply With Quote