Thread: MUD Reviews
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2007, 07:35 PM   #19
MudMann

Home MUD: Primordiax
Home MUD: Threshold
MudMann will become famous soon enough
Re: MUD Reviews

Woah, a lot of responses. I think the crux is noone can really get a feel for a MUD without playing for a long time.. and for casual players, thats a serious investment of free time to realise first appearances were not all they seem.

I think we have to remember that most people who read reviews will make up their own mind, and are intelligent enough to filter dross.. but MUD's are games, and games get reviews. Yes, allow admin to refute LIES through a procedure if necessary.. but between the Die hard fans who will say the game is best in the world, and disgruntled players who may still have a genuine point we get a picture of the MUD.

I played the top games.. hundreds of points ahead of the rest , and believe you me I put a lot of hours into some..and I must have missed something cos they were not that great and I played one of the lowest ranking and was blow away by how superior it was.. so I want to read what I was missing, have someone to tell me why they think it was great. I dont mind investing days and days if I know a whole new 'something' is going to spring forth.

Reviews can be rigged? Yes, but its not as easy as rigging the voting if you had a mind to do it. If a MUD is in the top 20, I, as a casual gamer would like to know why and have real reasons why I should try it as opposed to a statistic. If your game is Good, have faith that reviews will show that.. if you think they will be bad, then sort out your game and shame on you for hiding it behind a tick in box assuming thats what it is :-)

As one of the most recognised MUD sites, with a lot of mud-affecting-power, i just think that it is the most informative thing to offer than a table with numbers.
MudMann is offline   Reply With Quote