View Single Post
Old 09-14-2009, 08:57 AM   #36
Hephos

Home MUD: www.sharune.com
Hephos is on a distinguished road
Re: New mud client in the works: ScapeFx

Which point did i miss?

ScapeFX is more than just a basic telnet app. If you take a look at the feature listing you should see that.

Ohh okay, so you have contacted us regarding a client in the past? We don't publish financial information about our customers on a public forum which i'm sure people will understand. I'm sure the quote you got for your client were reasonable or even cheap compared to development costs in the REAL world. But i guess you figured you would instead try find your own programmer? And give them "Some financial reward". Perhaps you like to tell us the vicinity of that sum?

How did it go by the way?

Anyways, we've cut those costs a lot for people interested in a custom client since they can license the core ScapeFX engine for a very cheap fee now. Of course if you are looking to get a product like batclient or equivalent and you want to hire us for all the programming you are looking at a (although cheap compared to others) real development cost that is a lot higher than $350. Keep in mind that a real software company charges AT LEAST $100/hour for consultant jobs (more or less). That is three weeks of work for the quote you said you got from us.

With ScapeFX you have the opportunity to do a lot of the work behind the custom features yourself, from a codebase that is already functional. So any mudadmin with access to programming skills should be able to go a long way on their own without having to pay for hiring additional programming from whoever they seem fit.

I'm happy to answer any more questions you have. And if you aren't just trolling this promotional board perhaps you could take your flames to another forum. Feel free to send them to us in mail. There is a contact form on our website.

Btw, for interested people there is soon a sample Eclipse project available on the wiki. It will be possible to use this to build your own client and add your custom features to test with. You will be able to do this during a trial before you actually purchase the annual license.
Hephos is offline   Reply With Quote