View Single Post
Old 11-12-2009, 03:41 AM   #3
Dionae

Dionae is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Dionae
Re: Still searching..

I would suggest from what you've said so far. I found a number of helpful players, although I usually see only 10-15 or so players on.

There are a number of guilds, from craft guilds to scribes, skalds, alchemists, various clergy and orders. I've noticed a few are not very active though.

There are no "levels," but you improve your character's skills and stats through practicing them. New skills can be learned just by doing them, or you can receive training from an npc.

The combat system is really interesting and involves a number of "specials" or moves you can do, such as kick, knee, elbow, slam, and more which can be learned from different guilds. There is a lag for both you and your opponent, so it feels more realistic--like you're both taking swings--rather than just watching text scroll by. Your skill and armor affects how you fare in combat. You can also aim at particular areas of the body and chose different fighting moods, from defensive to offensive.

I particularly love the countless quests there are, which range in difficulty. Through these, you can gain experience and improve stats. It seems everywhere I go, I find a new one, so there is always something to do.

I most enjoy the complexity and interactiveness of the gameworld. There is great roleplay as well. It may seem a bit daunting jumping in as a brand new character, but players are usually more than willing to point you in the right direction.
Dionae is offline   Reply With Quote