View Single Post
Old 12-03-2007, 03:34 AM   #4
Silver Phoenix

Name: Alex
Home MUD: www.Ishar.com:23
Silver Phoenix is on a distinguished road
Re: Looking for group/party oriented MUD

I tried the New Worlds like you advised.

Some things I liked:
-the initial tour of the city - really helps you learn
-friendly people
-equipment management - you can use 'sell all swords' command for example
-intro system (including rp bonus)

Things I did not like:
-at death your equipment is not only left behind/dropped on the groud, but gets picked up by whatever killed you (well if this mud is truly group oriented as you say then its not hard to deal with it in a group)
-no way to estimate strength of enemies (no consider command)
-no easy way to find somebody to group with (can't use channels due to rp reasons, and no way to tell other people's levels [and can't really ask sinse it'd be ooc])
-you lose memory when you die (people you greeted) - what's the purpose of that?
-I can kill pretty much anything in the newbie training grounds and there are no leads as to where to go hunt next

Got a few questions:
1. Considering that this is a roleplay mud, is there family option? (can you marry to another adventurer, can you have other adventurers as children or be someone else's child?)
2. Invasions and other tactical battles you spoke of are they computer/admin controlled events or player controlled politics that include pk
3. In order to control a ship do you need to have fulfilled some requirements other then enough money to buy one (such as having a certain rank in the city and have city officials give you one to fight for them). And if you don't have enough money/experience/reputation to control one can you join someone else's ship?

In any case I'll see if I can find somebody to group with and learn a bit more about the world.
Silver Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote