View Single Post
Old 10-05-2002, 02:01 PM   #1
AquariaJade

AquariaJade is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to AquariaJade Send a message via Yahoo to AquariaJade
Hi:

I have given a lot of thought to what I want in a home MUD, as I am really looking to settle down:

1. Nice people and Friendly Admins, very, very newbie friendly. This is the MOST important. NO killing newbies just for sport.

2. Role play intensive environment, but not so strict that if you say something ooc as a newbie 12 people jump on you. RP controlled mostly by the caring of the players and not by 'Big Brother' Admins.

3. Ability to live a full long life without killing a thing. Ability to make your mark on society without killing.

4. NO levelling. Skill or RP based xp only.

5. FANTASY setting. No space themes, no vampires, NO harsh desert environments. Strictly Middle Earth style.

6. Free if possible, but if the game is worth it, I will pay to play.

7. Ability to own shops, homes, or buy land and build.

8. Political Intrigue and an ability to contribute to the story and move high up in society without having to pay money or compliments to the admins/gods/owner of the mud to get favor.

9. Custom Built or unique code if possible which supports rp so everything not just emoted. Code which allows you to take unique actions on your environment.

10. Pipe dream, but I thought I'd ask: NPCs that can respond or are somehow intelligent.

Please do not mention the following games as I have tried them or am not interested:

Armeggedon (too harsh and stressful)
Threshold (very overbearing admin/owner and too many rules)
Accursed Lands (LOTS of promise, but does not meet #1 requirement)
Southlands (LOVE this game but just not enough players, also needs better code to support rp so everything not just emoted)
The Eternal City (some very fanatical players - not in a good way)

When replying please tell me WHY your mu* fits the requirements. Also, my opinions on the above mu*s are certainly not meant to upset anyone, just my experience.

Hmm...not asking for too too much am I? *grin*

Jade
AquariaJade is offline   Reply With Quote