View Single Post
Old 08-11-2011, 10:10 AM   #81
Cirion56

Cirion56 is on a distinguished road
Re: Let's try this again...RP MUD

Personally I don't think ass kissing has to go along with a political theme. I only wanted a MUD with politics of some sort run by players, I didnt say I wanted to get involved personally in them.

I think you can have a decent game without guilds and ass kissing. What I enjoy personally is a game where I can pick a class and associate with a group of people if I choose to (read: clan) and if I don't want to be dragged into RP, because I feel like the guild or group is forcing me to RP my characters personality their way or even change my characters personality to fit them, then I don't have to put up with that. It's no different than me telling any of you to change your personalities to suit me. Also on a side note, I like how people say, "Well if you don't like it don't interact with that person," yet turn around and say, "This is whats right, you will play the game this way."

I wrote my original post hoping to find a MUD that would be fun and great and an atmosphere I liked but it seems like before it derailed, people looked at aspects of my post and just flew off the handles.

I said originally I wanted a game I could play for 10 minutes at a time IF THAT IS ALL THE TIME I HAD. I never once said there wouldn't be nights I'd sit on a game for 6 hours at a time roleplaying. I simply asked for a MUD where if it came to it, I had the OOC respect and understanding of other players where, if I had to leave suddenly, I was allowed to and wouldn't be shouted at next time I login. People immediately took that part of my post and said, "If thats the type of RP you want then I can see why you can't find one, idiot."

It strikes me as humorous that so many people who play text based games seem to be unable to read correctly and not jump to conclusions. I didn't think when I made this post I would have to spell out every little detail of what I meant and what I wanted. I figured people would post MUDs that were roleplayable but still had a degree of casual play which meant while I could still play for hours and hours, I could also login for 10-20 minutes, talk to some people and then logout with no trouble.

I appreciate the arguments and the massive debate that this thread has expanded into, what it was not but seems to have become, not only towards me, but towards others, and also other games, is a personal attack. I appreciate you've had a bad time with MUDs. So have I. I made that clear in my initial post. Hell, we probably all have.

I'm sorry of some people took this post as whining or whatever else they personally see it as, but it was nothing more than an attempt at a person trying to find an amazing game they could lose themself in, and create another persona in. Next time I'm looking I'll be sure to just keep my mouth shut, or find another place to ask that isn't so hostile. Though to be honest, with a few exceptions, I'm starting to learn, or rather, relearn, that the MUDding community is pretty hostile. Thank you again to all the people who actually are helping by either posting MUDs, or leading what has become an indepth discussion on what people want from a MUD and what a MUD truly is.
Cirion56 is offline   Reply With Quote