View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 11:39 PM   #1
Blay

Home MUD: Achaea
Blay is on a distinguished road
Ex-Players and a Loss of Interest

Hello,

It's been a long time since I've posted here. This thread is focused on ex players of muds in general. Not that there is anything exactly wrong with muds (most of my fondest gaming memories happened in muds), but I cannot seem to find the interest I once had in them.

It's almost like a close, childhood friend moving off to another country, never to return again.

I've been playing muds for the better part of 10 years or so. I remember having an absolute blast in the first few years. When I'd get tired of a particular mud, I'd try out another, and then return to my home mud after a short break. That worked for quite a while.

Now, however, I can barely play any mud for a month without it feeling like a chore. It's gotten to the point that I have very little interest in mudding any more. This isn't the result of hard feelings toward any particular mud, player-base, or mud admin. It's just as it is. I almost feel like I've lost my favorite pair or shoes or something.

In saying all that, do any of you players feel like you've "outgrown" text muds? In my case, it isn't only text muds; I can't even develop an interest in graphic gaming. Though, I've never had an interest in the latter even at the peak of my mudding career.

Is there anything that can be done on an admin level to hold the interest of long-term players?

Discuss!
Blay is offline   Reply With Quote