View Single Post
Old 07-16-2011, 09:17 PM   #34
exohuman

exohuman is on a distinguished road
Re: Let's try this again...RP MUD

I feel you SnowTroll. I often find myself in the same position. I like the RP environment that many MUDs have to offer (in character conversation, well described game world, rational players, rules enforced, and combat that makes sense). But i dislike how in many games that translates into a lot of stuff like multiple written essays, multiple approval processes that could take several real life days or weeks and other time real life commitments that don't translate to "fun" or even add to the immersion. For a person that works hard and is logging in to chill and forget about life for a while and instead be a powerful magician in a fictitious land, it's less of a IC barrier to entry and more like a ooc locked iron door draining the desire to play from anyone that works full time. There are only so many hours in the day.

However, I don't log in with the desire to be important. I just want to play a role that is fitting for my personality. That goes for every RP mud I play in.

It's a tough balance. Many of the non-RP MUDs I just can't get into. My brain just gives up when someone walks up to me saying "wassup dud, this mob is tuff" when I am about to face down a dragon.
exohuman is offline   Reply With Quote