View Single Post
Old 04-18-2013, 12:50 PM   #20
Butler

Home MUD: Aardwolf
Butler is on a distinguished road
Re: Finding a Place to Call Home: Communities Tolerant & Accepting of Gay Gamers

It a very nice article... and something that all game devs, admins and mods should be aware of. I played a game where the admin started conversations on illegal matters, was more lenient than mods on racism, sexism, religious discrimination and sexual prefrence discrimination, which just ended up with us having the scum of the internet in the game. Even though i am of no ethnic minority, it does upset me seeing an admin condone and take part in activities he should ban for.

This article should definitely be used for anti-discrimination in gaming awareness. its touching.

And to snowtrolls earlier post, the game i was reffering too, like my highschool peers, use "black", "jew" and "gay" as a way of showing their annoyance, which really, really annoys me, as not many have been banned for such actions, and those who were banned, for in my own opinion, far lesser reasons.

Gay people are gay, just because they are. You and I could quite easily been born with that preference. You might as well discriminate tall people, short people, people with a certain hair colour, accent or nationality.

You are what you are, and thats what make a person unique and amazing.

Last edited by Butler : 04-18-2013 at 12:56 PM. Reason: Nobody posted and missed out a reaction to joyofdiscord
Butler is offline   Reply With Quote