View Single Post
Old 07-25-2002, 07:28 AM   #7
Boggis

Boggis is on a distinguished road
Senseless slaughtering of mobs is what eventually put me off my old "RP-Enforced" mud and led me to search for a new one. I wanted to RP and got sick of killing things for no good IC reason - xp, xp, xp...wow that rabbit had money on him! Like Ghardoan I found Armageddon and I've become an addict too. Theoretically, you could become a powerful warrior without ever fighting a 'real' fight. Skills increase through practice so my warrior PC was able to get reasonably handy with a sword just training with the other recruits in a noble's house. Likewise, you could become tough by playing the career of a hunter. Sure you're killing mobs but it makes sense - you kill the mob and then skin it and gut it. Back in town you sell the skin to a merchant / crafter and cook the meat. Also, the fact that it's permadeath means that you tend not to go on killing sprees against whatever crosses your path - makes you stop and think about your actions.

All depends what you want I suppose. If you're happy with hacking and slashing around the world without an IC reason stick with it. I found it dull after a while personally and find Armageddon's system far more realistic and to my liking.
Boggis is offline   Reply With Quote