View Single Post
Old 02-15-2006, 03:14 PM   #50
the_logos
Legend

the_logos will become famous soon enough
Similarly, "Carrion Fields is run as a hobby" is not a subjective statement, or "Carrion Fields sells things related to in-game play." is not a subjective statement. Funny how the only things you push for are selective disclosure of the arrangements around revenue generation. I've already said I'm fine with -full- disclosure, and that includes that kind of thing you guys do to generate revenue.

Why not allow a browsing player to know whether they're going to be getting an experience put together by hobbyists or professionals or whether or not the server security has been vetted by a trusted third party like Security Metrics? You're not pushing for providing "all" information. You're pushing for providing very selective information. Why is that I wonder.

Again, as long as the checkboxes accurately reflect all the existing and potential subtle variations, I'm ok with it. Your list, however, didn't, and, conveniently, as soon as it was pointed out that something in the list may apply to Carrion Fields, you changed your reasoning for that list item from "OOC influences" to "admin policy."

--matt
the_logos is offline   Reply With Quote