View Single Post
Old 09-10-2012, 02:28 PM   #11
Newworlds
Legend

Name: NewWorlds
Home MUD: New Worlds
Newworlds will become famous soon enoughNewworlds will become famous soon enough
Re: Long-pose RP-enforced MUDs

I would say I disagree with Alseid and say don't try New Worlds Ateraan unless you are used to roleplaying with hundreds of players and can handle the speed of the roleplay. It can be unnerving to non veteran roleplayers. There is a LOT of long paragraph emote roleplay, but that is normally just 1 on 1 or in small groups or large events where you are in charge (theatrical plays, seasonal events, religious and political events, court trials, etc).

The world allows for creative style and writing but as Alseid stated, there is a lot of combat (said as hack/slash) which includes invasions, murder and intrigue as well as archaic political structure that can be difficult if thinking in nowaday styles of freedom of speech and other such modern me-me-me mentality. Guilds are tough, the law is tough, the politics are tough. All of this is rewarding but not for the faint of heart or those used to having it their way.

I would instead say to you to seek out a true MUSH that favors turn by turn play or a game that is more kid friendly.
Newworlds is offline   Reply With Quote