View Single Post
Old 02-20-2004, 08:54 AM   #8
Venomz

Name: Donovan
Home MUD: Armageddon
Venomz is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Venomz Send a message via AIM to Venomz Send a message via MSN to Venomz Send a message via Yahoo to Venomz
I also play ArmageddonMUD. As Jazuela said, it cannot be called high fantasy in any way. Low fantasy, I'll give you.

Armageddon is the most lauded roleplaying enforced MUD (as opposed to MUX or MUSH) in history. I think the only reason that you might not like Armageddon is because of the classes, which do exist. However, feel limited in no way by your class. We have sub-classes to add talents to your character. Given certian situations, and reasons, the IMMs have not been unheard of in granting additional skills and talents.

Races in Armageddon are strictly Armageddonish. They cannot be called anything.

Now, assuming that you have looked over the game, tried it, and still do not like it, you might try Harshlands. They have a decent game and it is also RP enforced. Their code is very good, as well. For me, it simply lacks the excitement of Armageddon, but their players tend to think differently. Humans go by a different name there I believe, as a race, but you can still create a character with the word 'man' in the short desc. There is no elf or dwarf there, as far as I know. They also have no classes.

Given that Armageddon does not satisfy you, you might give Harshlands a try, assuming that you only wish to play MUDs which have coded skills. In any RP required game, you can assume that you will need to read a goodly amount of documentation. It is essential for proper comprehension of the world you will be spending your life in.
Venomz is offline   Reply With Quote