View Single Post
Old 04-02-2004, 06:28 PM   #18
UnderSeven

UnderSeven is on a distinguished road
You can't talk about RPI muds without mentionin Armageddon. It's truely on it's own wave length and some people will love it, some will hate it. Whatever you're after is the question to ask, not wiether or not Armageddon is Quality.

I know Ammon didn't say Arm was awful, so this isn't directed at him, but to anyone who would say Armageddon is awful, I ask you what aspect is considered so awful..? Over ten years running? A huge all original world? Fresh ideas and concepts which most muds don't use or boast? A dedicated large immortal staff that constantly maintains and updates the world?

What's my point? Armageddon might not be your cup of tea and I respect that. But to call it not quality is a horribly flawed statement. It is art designed for a fairly specific taste, but it IS art, it has been the effort of a lot of people to make it what it is. If you can't respect the work put into that game then you better be able to bring up a good arguement about why not or you're just making a fool of yourself.
UnderSeven is offline   Reply With Quote