View Single Post
Old 07-17-2010, 03:16 AM   #15
Newworlds
Legend

Name: NewWorlds
Home MUD: New Worlds
Newworlds will become famous soon enoughNewworlds will become famous soon enough
Re: Need a mud to play

Hi there Stealth Stalker. First, welcome to the forums, glad to have you here.

I'll try to answer some of your questions the best I can. I do understand some of your concerns and comments as I talk to many of the players that come by NWA and so does my staff and we get a good feel idea of where your comments come from. No need to apologize either, many posts on here are from frustration and/or aggravation.

No, they just seem to be popular. Most of the games in the top 40 are not RPE.

I've yet to see, play, or experience a graphic MMO that has true roleplay enforcement. Yes, there are "roleplay" servers, but please, let's not call these hacks roleplay.

On NWA yes. We require you to stay in character. However, we do not expect you to win an oscar with your acting abilities. All we require is that you are mature and you stay in the genre and in character. There are places to break character and channels for questions on our game and guides and staff to assist you. Nothing to be intimidated about we just don't enjoy people running around talking about levels/powers/tv shows, etc while in the game.

I think maybe you are really a roleplayer at heart. There are numerous games that are not roleplay required. I can name you several good ones if you want, but I'm not sure that is what you are asking.

This comment confuses me. You don't want to play a commercial game but you play WoW on Roleplay Servers? In nearly all circumstances you get what you pay for.

Usually they are, but you can find out by logging on and asking. All MUDs are actually roleplaying because you are taking on another character and not playing your own name or self, however, enforced roleplaying means keeping things not in the genre (talking about dinner, your job, tv, etc) out of the game.

I find this similar to pinball machines that originally started with 5,000 points for a free game and now the new ones you need billions to win a free game. Game makers have found that players like high numbers and games tend to progress that way. Get beyond that and look for style and genre and not such minute things because all games use some type of measurement even if they are leveless.

NWA's level system is what you are asking for, but again we do enforce roleplay.

This is mostly a matter of taste, but color became a wild new fangled thing when MUDs could use ansi colors back in the early 90's. I agree with you though, I also dislike the plethora of colors on most MUDs.

I hope this helps a little. I'm sure I'm off base on some of your comments.
Newworlds is offline   Reply With Quote