View Single Post
Old 05-12-2005, 05:49 PM   #11
Kaleisha

Kaleisha is on a distinguished road
And the reasons to not want to even think about trying a RPI again continue here. OMG no wonder people find 'roleplayers' to be eliteist snobs. I shall now crawl back into my tiny little hole of H&S disillusionment and pretend I never heard this. I shall continue to enjoy the roleplay I experience in NON RPI muds and if one person happens to slip and mention something about their 'weather' I won't let it ruin my day, it's a game something to enjoy and not a test of ultimate perfection

And again I say, the code does not a roleplaying game make. It is the people who inhabit the world that make it either an enjoyable experience or a waking nightmare.

Now to get this back on topic, it can be fun bringing some roleplay into a game that is already semi receptive to it, in fact it can be rewarding upping the level of rp if the majority of players are open to the experience. After all some may not even know that better exist and will enoy the new twist on their experiences. But there are just those places where any kind of rp is not going to fly,people enjoy playing theose games for what they are, in fact many will play them to escape from the rp element. You can usually tell within a few minutes if a game is suited to your tastes or receptive to the idea of roleplay though
Kaleisha is offline   Reply With Quote