View Single Post
Old 07-27-2005, 02:25 AM   #74
Threshold
Legend

Home MUD: Threshold RPG
Threshold will become famous soon enough
Somehow, I know the wiser course of action is to ignore this, but I cannot resist HOPING that answering this question one more time will be the end of it.

Duck it "again"? I have answered this question a million times. Look it up on usenet, for crying out loud. I use an older, GPLed version of MudOS. As an interesting aside, the current maintainers of the MudOS project have actually tried to get the CURRENT version (which I do not use) GPLed as well: "An attempt was made several years ago to get the major contributors to sign-off on changing the license to GPL, but in the end, nothing could be done because not all of these people could be reached." (). By the way, if you visit that site, I am not the person the maintainer is talking about regarding a bogus "Mudos 1.0" release. I do not maintain, work on, or distribute MudOS in any way. I use a very old version that has always been stable for me, and was GPLed.

Would it be possible for the trolls here to stop insisting that I answer this same question every time I express an opinion on this forum? If anything hurts this forum, it is the chilling effect of trolls who make such defamatory accusations under the cloak of anonymity, lobbed at any non-anonymous person who dares express an opinion.

The funny thing about KaVir and his intellectual dishonesty is that 5+ years ago he was one of the people who helped me find additional supporting documentation that my version of MudOS was GPLed (he even helped me track down some comments from Lars regarding his IP that is in MudOS). But now that I am on his bad list for not signing on to every single one of his crusades, it is a whole different story from him.

Please be aware folks, that MudOS is not like DIKU. MudOS is not a mudlib nor is it a game source. To quote Wikipedia: "MudOS is an LPMud driver that serves as a virtual machine for MudOS' variant of the LPC programming language. MudOS was originally created in 1992 using the LPMud 3.x driver as a foundation. It introduced a BSD-style socket API and focused on the philosophy of removing any "game-level" elements from the driver."

As for his comment about a mud I won't name, they stole *my* code, not vice versa, and he knows it. KaVir was quite sympathetic at the time. But again, since that no longer serves his purposes, he changes his stance.

Such hypocrisy just demeans and embarasses him further.

This is my FINAL ANSWER on this topic. In the future, any clueless troll who belches forth this crap will be told to search the forum and/or usenet for his answer.

I graduated from UGA law school in 1998. Call them and verify, if you must satisfy your obsession with my personal life. Saying I dropped out of law school when I actually graduated is libel. You should really be careful.

Two strikes. Don't strike out...

Nice recovery. Base hit.

I had deliberately stopped posting in this thread because a number of folks seemed to think the Threshold v. KaVir portion was annoying. But unfortunately, your personal attacks were so incredibly false and defamatory I had to defend myself.

I am trying to do my part to let the thread die. I can ignore a lot of personal attacks, but some are so heinous they must be responded to.
Threshold is offline   Reply With Quote