View Single Post
Old 05-30-2014, 06:52 PM   #4
ForeverNoobie

ForeverNoobie is on a distinguished road
Re: Should I make a MUD?

The fact that I've gotten two responses already is very encouraging. I wasn't expecting this board to be so active.

I'm a perfectionist so naturally if I set my mind to making a MUD, either it will be the best MUD to ever exist or it will never be finished.

I'm definitely leaning towards making one.

Plamzi a hybrid sounds cool, although even I'm not ambitious enough to try that . I think I can develop both projects in parallel though. They'll be separate games but I think I could re-use a good deal of code between them both, and use the MUD to work out any kinks in the code. So even if the MUD never gets a single player it wouldn't be completely for nothing.

HK I don't have a niche or a system in mind yet. To be honest I haven't played many Muds. I've tried a few out long ago, but I've never really gotten into one. I suppose becoming a MUD player should be my first step. I'm sure I can find a few of the best with a google search but if you guys have any suggestions I'd be glad to hear them.

Guess I'll spend the next few days playing and thinking up ideas and if I'm not 100% in love with the thought of making a MUD after that I'll just forget about it focus on my current project.

Thanks guys.
ForeverNoobie is offline   Reply With Quote