View Single Post
Old 02-19-2004, 06:49 PM   #19
Sidmouth

Sidmouth is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Sidmouth
You bring up some good points I guess, but wouldn't most of your complaints be remedied by adjusting your search criteria for muds to play?  

The AFK rule is almost always a byproduct of a rp-enforced mud.  Barring a situation like Achaea's, which you felt was misrepresented, an rp-encouraged mud, 9 times out of 10, won't have that rule (I knew they existed, but I've never played a mud with such a rule- I think you'll find the proportion really is quite small).  Incidentally, an rp-enforced mud is more likely to have 'touchy-feely imms', as they are required to enforce certain standards for the sake of rp.  

The pay schemes are regrettable but you seem to have found at least one alternative and there's the ever exciting option of completely free- it's hard to tell if you visited any free muds at all.

The point is there are thousands of muds out there and the problems you described are not by any means inherent to muds or wide spread in the mudding community- they just happened to be problems with the muds you played, which may have been selected poorly in the first place.
Sidmouth is offline   Reply With Quote