View Single Post
Old 11-04-2002, 11:54 AM   #23
Thoric

Thoric is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Thoric
I am extremely sorry for all the mailing delays.

There have been some serious problems with mailing, and most of them have been monitary.

If you investigate the costs of operating a magazine, you will quickly find that to offer both printing and mailing of glossy cover magazine costs a hell of a lot more than $2.50US.

The costs behind this have to be carried by the advertisers.

If you take at look at the advertising rates (and also keep in mind that many of the current advertisers got large discounts or free ads in exchange for web-based advertising), compared to the number of actual ads printed in the magazine issues you have received, it should be quite clear that things didn't work out as planned.

The MCM incurred thousands of dollars of debt through production and mailing costs, all of which are my personal obligation.

Before I could send out the last batch of magazines, I had to pay down my account with the postal company.

Now before you start ranting about my contractal obligations to provide you with your magazine or refund your partial payment, nowhere on the website or through the signup process were you promised you would receive your issues within a particular timeframe.

All promised issues will be sent, and where back issues are unavailable to complete your promised number of issues in the case that no future issues are published, you will receive a partial refund.
Thoric is offline   Reply With Quote