View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 02:40 PM   #3
NipsMcGee

NipsMcGee is on a distinguished road
Re: Anyone interested in a pathfinder/Golarion mud?

Thanks for the response, Raven. The main reason I stated RP encouraged, not enforced, is to avoid scaring away potential coders/builders because of RP. We'd like for the MUD to cater to those who do RP (the three of us are avid RPers, whether its tabletop, mud, play by post, etc) By giving out various rewards for RP using automated and/or manual systems.

We too are of the mind that if you want to game in a fantasy setting, text based mediums are naturally tailored to roleplay, while MMO's and other graphical mediums are more geared toward hack and slash, simply due to the mechanics of each. Not saying you can't RP in a graphical game or avoid it in a text based game, but it's simply easier to RP in text, and hack n' slash through graphics based games.

That being said, I don't know of any other MUDs out there with Pathfinder as a basis. So in an effort to avoid dissuading potential players, I didn't want to completely close the door to Pathfinder fans that were either new to mudding/RP or just wanting to check things out without too much investment.

So while we'd love to have a MUD where everyone is RPing 24/7, we wanted to leave it open to all, while at the very least, rewarding players that do RP, and invest that extra time and effort into their characters.
NipsMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote