View Single Post
Old 01-23-2004, 12:39 PM   #1
Burr

Burr is on a distinguished road
Some people have a much stronger than normal tendency to play a particular racial type.  Even if they are highly concerned about stats, then rather than choose a race based on its typical stats, they will instead choose a mud based on the stats it gives their preferred race.

I think it is be possible to reasonably segment this group of mudders into several groups according to the characteristics of their preferred race and then to give each segment an archetypal description.

For example, one obvious segment would include furries.  But would this segment also include people who enjoy playing shapeshifters?  Might this segment also transcend race to include classes that make extensive use of pet mobs?  What would be the most accurate and definitive way of describing the entire segment?

How about those people who are obsessed with elves? I'm not all that knowledgeable about anime, but it seems to me to be a large influence on this segment. Can this obsession be reduced to people seeking a socially acceptable means of exploring their inner romantic/narcissist? What do the pointed ears do for these people?

What other major segments would be worth defining, IYO?
Burr is offline   Reply With Quote