View Single Post
Old 02-13-2004, 09:40 PM   #5
Mithaine

Mithaine is on a distinguished road
I apologize for the long delay in replying to these posts.  My net has been finicky and not letting me get to the page.

Erdos, I would like to thank you for your poem and encourage you to complete your tanka, as I have been curious as to what the last line will be.  Unfortunately, I regret to say it does not suit the theme of the MUD.  Perhaps inspiration will strike and you will be ready to submit soon.  I must caution, however, that insight is rarely to be found in advertising.

Raith, don't assume you can't do something until you try.  I'm sure you can do whatever you need to put your mind to.

It is difficult, without becoming overly windy for a forum setting, to adequately describe a MUD, but I welcome discourse and the chance to develop ideas from varied sources in more private settings such as e-mail and IMs.  Again,  I always respond.  I believe it may be helpful to suggest mutual feedback if desired as we share and give insights to each other's work.

To be very breif, the MUD I refer to will draw heavily from Japanese, Chinese, Korean, and Indian culture circa 1100-1300AD range.  It has a few intentional anachronisms (for example, a wedding ceremony based heavily upon the Shinto wedding form, which was not actually developed until 1900 although the religion itself is ancient) and additions (magic, some other aspects that are intended to aid in promoting the overall plot) as well.

Lastly, I would like to thank those who have submitted so far.

--Mithaine
Mithaine is offline   Reply With Quote