View Single Post
Old 03-25-2008, 04:36 PM   #7
nass

nass is on a distinguished road
Re: Now on Facebook: Gamers in the OtherVerse!

I just wanted to comment on this, because it sorts of backs up the analytics I've got set up on my site. I have GA running in a very complex manner to analyse what works and what doesn't, which creates a "weight" per visit per site. TMC sits at 4.6 and TMS at 1.53 - bottom line being you're more likely to get a conversion from any individual visit from TMC than TMS. Which sort of backs up your spend.

On the other hand my stats will be skewed because I've only just put a link back up for TMS. I was previously convinced that the goal conversion for TMS was too low for it to be worth the hassle and although I suspect I was mistaken, it maybe that TMS has reached a bit of a saturation point, being more about converted users rather than unconverted. But I don't actually really know - I'll just assess the metrics once we've been near to or above the homepage fold for a while.

Fwiw, Facebook actually sits at 1.50. FB sends us diddlysquat - I havent really tried anything with FB for the MUD site I run.

Last edited by nass : 03-25-2008 at 04:38 PM. Reason: clarity
nass is offline   Reply With Quote