View Single Post
Old 08-02-2010, 08:45 PM   #8
Aerick

Re: old guy looking for MUD?

*nods sagely*

I hated playing WoW when I got all those little twerps running after me every five seconds wanting to "duel"...sigh...killing them was too easy. That's probably why I play muds. Though, since I don't do PK I don't have to worry about it.

On , the only thing that you really have to worry about is eating. Wait....no...*gets mental image of "YOU ARE HUNGRY."* Veto that thought. You might start gaining weight. Yes.

Pizza hut loves me.

Ok.

Most of the players are older, at least in their late teens to mid-twenties. The Admin staff is a friendly group of people. Except for me. I'm mean. Honest. They tell me that at work.

We are RP - Encouraged. Which basically means RP if you want to. Not Role Playing won't hurt you in any form. My first character never did. Then I got into the groove of interacting with others and re-created with a totally cool character who everyone loved. And then I re-created him that one several times over the last decade.

Darn those evil pixies who type delete yes when I'm getting another can of Dr. Pepper.

There are several classes, one of which, shadow knight can use two-handed weapons at level 40 (out of 250 mortal levels). Races are fun: human, elf, ghoul, *cough* pixie, and gnomes to name just a few. Most of the races have their attributes and racial bonuses. Like gnomes which have an increased fire-based damage output....however they explode when their chemicals interact in bad ways.

There is a newbie-helping guild called "mentors".
A role-playing guild.
Several clans. <Go Ravens!>

hrm....

oh yeah.

And I'm there.

That should make you log on.