View Single Post
Old 12-31-2005, 11:39 AM   #86
Anitra

Anitra is on a distinguished road
Lanthum @ Dec. 31 2005,06:37

You are the one that has got things wrong here. What people  are expecting is for the site to be what it was originally designed for, and what it advertises itself to be: A resource site for all mudders.

Claiming that it is nothing but a traffic exchange is actually quite insulting, considering the work that has been put into the site originally by the  owner, and the contributions made by various members in the various sections. (Which I assume that you never bother to read).

Actually some things in life _are_ free. One of those things is the free muds, run by dedicated people, who donate their own time and even pay the expenses for the server out of their own pockets, so that players can enjoy their creations for free.
The fact that some commercial muds that advertise themselves as 'free' actually have hidden costs, doesn't change this very basic fact about free muds.

It might not be your cup of tea, but you should at least respect it and recognise it for what it is.

Excuse me, who are you talking to here? I don't own a mud. I just play on a couple. I might want to try out some more, but since I am mainly interested in free muds, of course I would like separate lists, (especially in view of the misrepresentation of some commercial muds). I would also like the listing to be as cheat-free as possible. And it still surprises me how anyone could be against that.

And there is no need to scream at us, by the way. we are all perfectly capable of reading your post without all the caps.

To conclude this, I am not _expecting_ Synozeer to change anything.
I am however _hoping_ that he is following the thread, and maybe realising that the main part of the _real_ visitors here, (not the ones that just click the vote button and log out again), would like the site to be something more than just a 'traffic exchange'.

What it all comes down to is the purpose of the site. Is it a 'Mud resource', as is said on the top and like it was designed  to be? Or is it just a 'traffic exchange', as you and some owners of big commercial muds claim?  

Sure, I am hoping that Synozeer would listen to the arguments and decide to do some changes, which I think would make the site better for most mud players.

If he decides not to, that is his privilege as List owner. But I would like to hear it from _him_. Not from the_logos.
Anitra is offline   Reply With Quote