View Single Post
Old 03-04-2008, 12:07 PM   #7
Spoke

Spoke is on a distinguished road
Re: Funniest Place You've Run into someone who plays your MUD?

I was a 6th semester student of physics in Colombia and was playing in Alternate Illusions (formerly Realms of Imagination, now long defunct) and had a bunch of high power characters along with an admin position. I used to be helpful with most of the newcomers. One of the reasons I could play for so long was that I was in charge of the Physics Dept Computer Lab so I was there most of the day, and enforcing policy, prevented students from other majors to work or play in there (even while we were holding 4 computer Age of Empires games or Fifa tournaments).

One of these guys who came to sit and play there was asked by me to leave the lab, he was visibly upset and later commented to a friend of his (who was my student on one of my TA assignments) that he despised my guts and other more lively descriptions of my character. Then the friend said to him, 'He is ElCuraPerez man' to which the first guy replied 'No f...g way! but I love that guy!' He then came with the student of mine later and explained the whole deal and we've kept in touch over the years.

Not as unlikely as some of y'alls but it was funny when it happened.
Spoke is offline   Reply With Quote