View Single Post
Old 06-16-2006, 01:39 PM   #14
Esithae

Esithae is on a distinguished road
I also play on Adventures Unlimited, but unlike Markov I haven't had a set character for that long. My personal opinion is that a player knows when their character should die or be retired. I've been playing there since... oh my gosh, this is actually my six year anniversary today. How time flies ^.^ Anyway, six years. In that time I've had several main alts, and I knew exactly when was the proper time for each to die. Usually triggered by some sort of RP even.

I have two favorites, though. My first alt retired to her husband's home and went insane after he was killed in the yard in front of her and their two kids.

My fourth alt or so was a dwarven knight who stormed the Abyss to try and kill the God of the Demons, in a huge RP that had about 12-15 characters from both sides actively playing it out. She died holding the portal open so that the rest of the men she had led into the Abyss could retreat and escape.

So anyway. My answer is, when the RP is right and the player feels its time to retire or kill off that particular character. Usually my main characters end up with around 1000 hours before they die for one reason or another.

The one thing I am severely, severely opposed to is a character dying and then somehow (through magic, resurrection, blah blah blah) coming back. I feel that really hurts the RP around the character, and the people that played with that character, and sort of cheapens the whole point of having a character die.

Esithae
Esithae is offline   Reply With Quote