Thread: Greetings
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2003, 01:34 PM   #17
Jazuela

Jazuela will become famous soon enoughJazuela will become famous soon enough
Well let's see. Three of us actually mention that it is inappropriate to post in this Introduce Yourself folder for what we perceive as the express purpose of promoting a particular game.

The rest of the people who've responded were blathering on about commercial mods, which is also equally off-topic and inappropriate.

So far, the only person who seems to see a problem with this is you. And you're new here.

And yes, you DID go on and on about promoting your game, which was pretty obviously intentional. Six lines about you, with 14 lines about the game, and a second post with another 8 lines about the game. I'd say that's a shameless plug.

As far as constructive criticism goes, if you had bothered paying attention to my post, you'd have seen me ask pointed questions about you, personally - such as what part of the world you live in, what you do when you're not online, what kinds of foods you like..

All things that ARE appropriate in a folder such as this. And I even gave you personal information about myself, so you would see I wasn't just grilling you. You chose, instead, to criticize my lack of employment. This says something about the quality of player whose post I'm reading.

You came to the wrong folder to post a promotion, whether you're willing to admit it or not, and whether you hide it under the facade of a "Hi, I'm me" post or not. It was blatant, it was intentional, and your "buddy" was probably helping to prompt the continuation of the promotion.

I called the spade a spade and you got caught. Get over it and move along, or comply with the rules of this forum and tell us more about YOU, the person, and less about how wonderful your game is.
Jazuela is offline   Reply With Quote