View Single Post
Old 07-04-2008, 11:32 PM   #1
tntxploshin

tntxploshin is on a distinguished road
Looking for MUD: Group PVP

Sadly, LOWMUD (Legends of Warcraft) is playerless. Greatest group PVP MUD ever. I'm looking for a replacement. I don't care if it's RP or not; it just have to have good group dynamics in PVP. If one good enough doesn't exist, I guess I'll have to speed up the development of mine. That or attract people back to LOWMUD (cindustries.com:8000).

Type of Group PVP I'm looking for:
- Coordination of roles/classes (healer, damage, tank, harassment, etc.)
- Interrupts (Stuns, Traps, Blinds, Trips, Bashes, etc.)
- Ranged attacks (Spells, Arrows, etc.)
- Idea of the "battle line" (Meat shields take damage for casters by protecting them - whether this is carried out inside the room, or by blocking/forcing people away from the casters' room)
- Good maps (Bottlenecks, rough terrain, etc. - Doesn't neccessarily have to be in ASCII viewable form)
- Mounts (Speed advantages)

LOWMUD has all that and more...

I'd rather not have to bother with too much leveling or equipping, but I'll put up with it for good PVP.

I have tried out NewWorlds, but either hadn't gotten far enough along (I was clanned, etc.), or wasn't on at the correct times, but never saw any group PVP.

I read about/built a new character in GodWars II, but from everything I saw it really seemed to be more of a 1v1 type game. Or a gangbang PVP deal, which I don't consider to be group PVP.

I could be very wrong about those two games, which is why I await your suggestions.
tntxploshin is offline   Reply With Quote